Friday, August 16, 2013

Update+Beach Box Review

Quick update on life comes first. I was going to do the following review earlier, but things ended up happening that prevented me from doing so. My biological father was killed in a motorcycle accident last week, which prompted me to go to my grandparents house for the week. I took a leave from (almost) all social media and spent time with family and close family friends. It was a week full of grieving, healing, and therapy.

If I learned anything it was that everything is natural and that it is okay to accept your humanity.

I am back at work and I have since returned to "real life".

***
Now, after I threw some heavy stuff at you, I'm going to lighten this post up with my Beach Box review (finally!) The Beach Box comes with five products inside and costs $29.95 with tax. Being a LUSHie and an employee, I've been all about trying out all of the campaign products because, in all honesty, they are an amazing bang for your buck. 



Product: Ocean Salt
Regular Price: $21.95 for a small; $39.95 for a large

This was the real reason I picked up the Beach Box. I am a vigorous user of Ocean Salt (at least once a day,) and my plan had been to pick up a large pot before work. Alas, no luck. We were currently sold out and the only ones we had were in the boxes. What is a girl to do? Buy the gift box, of course. 

I love Ocean Salt because it makes my skin feel baby soft, as well as giving me that strong, astringent, clean feeling. It helps clean out my often acne prone skin and does a pretty nice job of keeping my skin clear. My strongest recommendation for this product, though, is to tone and moisturise if you use the product as frequently as I do. It's the only way to keep healthy skin because over exfoliation can make problematic skin worse! 

As with all gift box sets, this is a small version (smaller than the regular small pot), so I did have to go and purchase more when we got more in, but I did tide me over until then. Plus I got to try all of the following products because of it! 

Product: Seanik Shampoo Bar
Regular Price: $11.95

I am also a huge fan of the shampoo bars, mostly because I have so much hair and I have a tendency to take too much liquid shampoo when washing. I normally use New, which is a clove and cinnamon based bar that helps with hair growth. The Seanik was an interesting departure from the spiciness of New. My hair holds on to scents really well, so I was pleased with the lovely perfume the shampoo left in my hair. 

As for how it left my hair, it's been a bit more fly away than normal. It seemed to be quite fitting because of the whole sea theme, but it's been a bit irritating. Now, I did use a different shampoo once or twice during the time I used Seanik. My bangs seemed more in place and controlled with the other shampoo. I had heard from a friend that Seanik made her hair light and fluffy (in a bad way,) but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's awful. I'm sure if I did more to my hair, such as flat ironing and using hair spray to control my hair, it would be less noticeable, but c'est la vie!

This is also a mini size and, after using this every day, it has lasted me over a month. 

Product: Dream Cream
Regular Price: $26.95

This one is a baby, baby sample of Dream Cream. While working at LUSH I have learned that a little goes a long way with most of the products and that applies here. The mini pot is deeper than most of the sample pots and a dab of the cream will do an entire arm or leg. If used correctly, this can go a ways. 

As for the product, it is something I have gotten for my mother, both last Christmas and this year's birthday, because of her eczema. While I grew out of this condition when I was a child, I do occasionally dry out. I have since learned that this is also spectacular on razor burn because of it's healing and soothing properties. I have also heard tell that it is lovely for sun burns, too. It is super awesome. 

I actually just got more of this today, too (that story will be saved for later.)

Product: Sea Spray
Regular Price: $12.95

If you are like me and have been working all summer, you probably haven't been able to go to the beach. Super bummer. However, this hair mist will make you feel like you have! I like this because a few spritzes will help bring out some natural curls, making it look as if you've been hanging out in the salt water and air. I think it looks fabulous with ponytails in particular, but I think the best success I've had with it is applying it on someone else. It's just easier to control what the hair is doing and making it more stylable than just random fly aways. 

Product: Sea Vegetable Soap
Regular Price: Varies

This soap seems to change scent on me. Sometimes I can really pick up on the lavender and others it just smells really sea weedy (a la fresh Aqua Marina, aka not very good.) It doesn't leave too much of a perfume on my skin, so it's super maskable. On the other hand, the seaweed moisturises my skin pretty nicely, but I don't really get any of the exfoliation from the sea salt. 

It does have a lot of fallout, too. I had a similar experience with Sandstone leaving sand in my shower. It's a bit irritating to deal with for a little bit of softness, especially when I can just use a massage bar. I know there are people that really like this soap, but it just isn't what I want. And that's okay. 

Overall, pretty happy with the box. Some things I love, some I find just alright. It was nice to try out all this new stuff that I normally wouldn't, plus it brought the Beach to me! 

***

So, I did get back to LUSH today and I have another haul, plus a new gift box to review! 

Rock Your Body Kit w/ Strawberry Fields Forever Massage Bar and Coconut Deodorant (which will be my next BIG review!), Dark Angels Facial Cleanser, Stepping Stone Foot Scrub, Sunnyside Bubble Bar, Rose Jam Bubbleroon, Honey I Washed The Kids Soap, Honey Trap Lip Balm, Hottie Massage Bar (it's Aerated!), Take Back The Tap Water Bottle.

And here's the outfit of the day! A crop sweater (Forever XXI), circle skirt (H&M), tights (Rite Aid), and new crochet side booties (Target).

Whoo! Now it's time for bed! 

~B




No comments:

Post a Comment