Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Famine's Last Feast: At the Masquerade

This past weekend, I had the priveledge to head over to New Hampshire Institute of Art for the Neo Victorian Society's masquerade. Allegra and I drove down with our friend, Chase. The long, painstaking drive from Maine to New Hampshire: so long!
Nah, it's really only an hour and a half. Photo courtesy of Allegra.

We arrived just in time to get ready with our masquerade buddies. After applying loads of make-up, putting finishing touches on our outfits, and lacing up into corsets, we braved the chill February night. It always seems that when I am scantily clad in costume, it happens to be in the dead of winter.

The venue was elaborately decorated with trees, red lights, steampunk styled table dressings, and other beautiful artifacts (including a lovely chandelier!) I honestly wish I'd snapped some photos, because they were so amazing. 

Here's one of the chandelier at least. Also nabbed from Allegra!

It was a wonderful evening with fun, food, and friends. I learned to do a standard box step with Florence + The Machine played in the distance, which made my month (really and truly!) Me and my cage skirt also got to swag out to some "normal" music. Not as cool as the ballroom dancing, but shaking around the skirt was really entertaining. 


Arnold Imaging LLC: 2/22/14: Famine's Last Feast &emdash;
Here's us all dark and cute! It's our family portrait. Courtesy of Arnold Imaging.

Pardon my short (and derp) post on this event. It was just something I really wanted to share. It also showcases a bit of my costuming skill, something I am planning on addressing in later posts!

See you all soon!

~B

No comments:

Post a Comment